GATE 2013, Paper, Pattern, Syllabus for ECE CSE ME EEE, exam date, exam pattern, exam timings, eligibility, notification, how to apply, application fee for SC/ST/GEN/OBC, Study material for ECE CSE ME EEE, details, fee for girls, last date, last date for fee submission, Books for ECE/ EEE/ CS/ ME engineering, Application form, Online application, form, Apply online, Sample papers, previous year question papers, Exam Centers, Admit card, answer key, result date, expected cut off marks
GATE- Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering is being conducted once in every year. GATE is being conducted jointly by Indian Institute of Science and 7 IIT’s. GATE 2014 is organized by IIT Kharagpur. All details about GATE 2014 are listed below and explained briefly one by one.
- Why GATE
- GATE 2014 Notification
- GATE 2014 Eligibility
- GATE 2014 Exam Pattern
- GATE 2014 How to apply
- GATE 2014 Application form
- GATE 2014 online Application
- GATE 2014 Application Fee
- GATE 2014 Syllabus
- GATE 2014 Sample Papers
- GATE 2014 Books
- GATE 2014 Exam Dates/ Timings
- GATE 2014 Important dates
- GATE 2014 Admit card
1. Why GATE
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering. GATE is being conducted for the post graduate courses for engineering students. GATE score helps to get direct admission in M.tech., ME and Phd etc. SO GATE is one of the most important examination to get admissions in post graduation courses after Graduation.
2. GATE 2014 Notification
GATE 2014 Notification has released by IIT Kharagpur (which is conducting GATE for 2014). GATE 2014 Notification will contain all information about GATE 2014 which is also being delivered to you right now. Candidates may download GATE 2014 notification by visiting the official website for GATE 2014-www.gate.iitkgp.ac.in.
Candidates may download GATE notification by visiting http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/ or by clicking the download link given below.
GATE 2014 Notification–> Download Now
3. GATE 2014 Eligibility
To be eligible for GATE exam some standard and terms are to be satisfied. These term are called as GATE eligibility Conditions. Like candidates should have a technical degree from any of the reputed and UGC certified institute. To get n=more information about GATE 2014 eligibility criteria, you may download Eligibility Condition file from the link given here.
GATE 2014 Eligibility- -> Download Now
4. GATE 2014 Exam Pattern
GATE 2014 exam pattern defines what percentile of a particular subject will come in the exam and what marks will be allotted for the same. All this information is given below.
Total Questions: 65 (MCQ carrying 1 or 2 marks)
Total Marks: 100 Marks
General Aptitude: 10 Question ( 5*1+ 5*2= 15 Marks)
Question No. 1- 25: One Marks each.
Question No. 26-55: Two Marks each.
Question NO. 56-65: General Aptitude ( 5*1+ 5*2= 15 Marks)
5. GATE 2014 How to Apply
Candidates will have apply ONLY ONLINE for GATE 2014. Procedure for the same is given below.
- Candidates will have to do Enrollment using “New User Register here”.
- Fill up the online application form given there.
- Upload your photograph and signature there..
- Pay application fee via netbanking or challan.
- Check the Status of application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
- Submit the application.
For mare information like Do and Dont’s–>> Click here
6. GATE 2014 Application form
GATE 2014 application form will be released on 2nd September 2013 and candidates will be able to download their application forms from there after. You will have to enter all your details which are required for the application.
Candidates may visit the official website for further details about GATE 2013 online application and application form.
7. GATE 2014 Application Fee
Some application fee is to be paid by the candidates to apply for GATE 2014. We are repeating again that you can apply ONLY ONLINE for GATE 2014. GATE application fee are given below.
GATE Application fee for General/OBC male candidates: Rs. 1500
GATE Application fee for Female candidates: RS. 750
GATE Application fee for General/OBC other candidates: Rs. 1500
GATE Application fee for SC/ST/PD category candidates: Rs. 750
The Application fee can be paid either online or through a bank challan via SBI or Syndicate Bank.
Application fee type: Non- refundable.
8. GATE 2014 Syllabus
9. GATE 2014 Sample Papers
Candidates who have applied are going to apply for GATE 2014 will be able to practice from the Sample Papers for GATE 2014. Candidates may download their GATE 2014 Sample Papers from the links given below. These links will redirect you to the page which will avail you GATE 2013 Sample papers.
10. GATE 2013 Preparation Books
GATE 2014 Books for CSE/ IT
- Mathematical Logic: Discrete Mathematics by Tremblay Manohar, Probability , statistics and queuing theory ” by S.C.Gupta & V.K.Kapoor
- Graph Theory by Narsingh Deo
- Linear Algebra by B.S. Grewal
- Numerical Methods by S.S. Sastry
- Digital Logic by Morris Mano
- Computer Organization by Morris Mano
Gate 2014 Books for ECE
- Network Analysis by Van Valkenburg
- Network and Systems by D. Roy Choudhary
- Integrated Electronics by Jacob Milman & C. Halkias, Millman & Grabel r
- Op. Amps & Linear Integrated Circuit by Gayakwad
- Digital Logic & Computer Design from Moris Mano
GATE 2014 Books for EEE/ EE
- Network Analysis by Van Valkenburg
- Electromagnetic by Willain H. Hayt
- Electrical Machinery by PS Bhimra
- Electrical Machines by Nagrath & Kothari
- Power System Engineering by Nagrath & Kothari
- Electric Power Systems by CL Wadhwa
- Automatic Control System by Benjamin C. Kuo
- Control System Engineering by Nagrath & Gopal
GATE 2014 Books for CE- Civil Engineering
- Strength of Materials by Gere & Temoshenko, B C Punamia
- Structural Analysis by Negi, S Ramamurtham, C K Vang
- Concrete Structures by Punamia & Jain, H J Shah
- Steel Structures by Duggal
- Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering by Ranjan & Rao, Venkat Ramaiha, S K Garg
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics by Modi & Seth, R K Bansal, Subramanyam
- Hydrology by Subramanyam
GATE 2013 Books for ME- Mechanical Engineering
- Enginnering Thermodynamics by PK Nag
- IC Engine by ML Mathur and RP Sharma
- Gas Turbine and Propulsive Systems by PR Khajuria & SP Dubey
- Fluid Mechanics by Modi & Seth, RK Bansal
- Compressible Flow by SM Yahya
- Heat and Mass Transfer by JP Hollman, RC Sachdeva
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning by CP Arora, Domkundwar
- Fluid Machinery by Jagdish Lal, RK Bansal
- Theory of Machines by RS Khurmi, Malik & Ghosh
- Mechanical Vibration by Grover
11. GATE 2014 Exam Dates/ Timings
GATE 2014 exam will be conducted between 1st February 2014 to 2nd March 2014. Candidates will have to wait until GATE 2014 Exam date is not announced officially. GATE 2014 exam timings are as given below.
|Timing- 1||Timing- 2|
09:00 AM to 12:00 noon
2:00 PM to 5:00PM
09:00 AM to 12:00 noon
2:00 PM to 5:00PM
12. GATE 2014 Important Dates
|GATE 2014 Starting Date of Application||Monday||2nd September 2013|
|GATE 2014 Last date of Enrollment||Tuesday||1st October 2013|
|GATE 2014 Last date of Application||Thursday||3rd October 2013|
|GATE 2014 Last date to print receipt||Thursday||10th October 2013|
|GATE 2014 last date for change in city choice||Wednesday||20th November 2013|
|GATE 2014 Admit card download date||Wednesday||18th December 2013|
|GATE 2014 result date||Friday||28th March 2014|
13. GATE 2014 Admit card
GATE 2014 Admit card will be necessary for the candidates to bring along with them while visiting the examination hall. GAte 2014 Admit cards will be released on 18th December 2013 and candidates will be able to download them from the official website of GATE 2013.
Candidates are advised to work hard and keep visiting this website to get further updates about GATE 2014. Our best wishes for all….!!